Skip to main content

I'm doing my first project where I get data from a Web Service. I'm not a programmer, and my programmer is using .Net to write the web service--he's asking me how I want my data to come back after I call to the service.

I've looked through the Appit documentation, but I'm not seeing any clear specifications to give back to the programmer. Can someone point me in the right direction? He says he'd like to return a dataset. Any specifications on that? I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question here, but it's not clear to me. 

Hi Jeff,

Generally speaking you can retrieve data as either serialized or deserialized. What's the web service and what's the kind of data being pulled back?

This may or may not be related but should atleast give you an idea: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/devref/4.6.4/webframe.html#using_k2_web_services_with_asp.net_applications_rest.html

The web service returns a list of pairs of items to feed an autocomplete control. So on the form load, I want to call to the webservice and make it the data source to the autofill. Users enter the "display" text, and when they select the title they want, I'll call to a second web service which will return specific details associated with the selected item. 

Basically, we want to autopopulate as many fields in a form as we can, based on the info returned in the 2nd web service.