Skip to main content

I have a number of different demo/test accounts with different levels of Appit access. I have noticed that Appit tends to get stuck on a single user.

I have a form which is supposed to display the name of the user logged in and this was working fine... until I started testing it out with different accounts.

Scenario:

• User A logs into SharePoint, goes to the page with the Appit form and sees their name in the form as expected.
  • User A logs out of SharePoint
  • User B logs into SharePoint, goes to the page with the Appit form - and sees User A's name in the form.
  • I cleared the cookies and temporary internet files
  • User B logs into SharePoint, goes to the page with the form - still sees User A's name
  • User B logs out and User C logs into SharePoint - also sees User A's name

If I use private browsing modes, it all works as expected, but I can't get the normal browsing sessions to forget the first user. Going into the settings menus and so on, Appit seems to be treating it as though the first user is still logged in and basing access on User A's permissions.

I could see this being a disaster in scenarios with a shared workspace if Appit retains the login of the first user. How do I make sure Appit is using the credentials of the person logged into SharePoint?

When you are clearing the cookies and history in Internet Explorer, there is an option to "Preserve Favorites website data". Make sure it is unchecked so that all previous cookies are cleared. That is the reason why it works in private browsing mode.

Note: Loggin out of SharePoint does not log your out of Appit Smartforms. Hence you need to clear the cookies.

Thanks. I'll try that next time.

Is there a way to logout of Appit without deleting cookies? Is there a logout button anywhere (or a way to link logging out to the SharePoint credentials)?