Skip to main content

We are using InfoPath forms and Nintex 2013 workflows and we frequently get the helpful "an error has occurred" whenever the workflow is started "back to back" so to speak either by a user submitting multiple forms at a single time (request for access to a site for multiple individual users) or a manager replies to multiple lazy approval emails at a single sitting.  Is there a setting we need to change or some action we need to add to the workflow to prevent this as our users don't like our standard answer of "wait 10 min between submissions or replies".  I've added the "timer" action but that doesn't seem to help much either. 

Hello ‌ - 

Are you able to view the logs to see the specifics around the errors? That might provide some insight to exactly what is happening. Has this just started or has it been ongoing? With all workflows or just a select few? 

Adding pause actions are not necessarily the answer as it simply will get added to a queue and be processed in batch once the time has elapsed and hits the next timer job.

Let us know if you can get anymore information.

Thanks Jesse!!  No I don't have access to the logs and it's been happening for awhile now, just got around to joining this and posting as we had it happen again this morning and decided to go search and ask!  And it's different workflows and the common theme is the "back to back" action. 

Hmmm... in the workflows, are you attempting to update list items and then attempting to read from the item? I am wondering if you have workflows running against each other and running into issues there.

For example, are you attempting to update a list item and then attempting to query the same item for data? It seems like there is contention when multiple workflows are running and just trying to see if it is because of the operations the workflows are executing or is it more of a system issue.

It usually gives us the errors either assigning the flexi-task or on the reply from a lazy approval.