Skip to main content

We are running Blackpearl 4.5 1090 and when someone enters an ampersand into an infopath datafield and then I try to upload that xml to Sharepoint I am receiving a cannot parse EntityName error.

I saw some postings that were similar but the problem was supposedly fixed in 1040.

I'm receiving what sounds like a similar error in blackpearl  4.5 1230 when I upload an InfoPath form to a SharePoint form library and try to set a metadata URL field that also contains an asterisk.  The funny part is that the first time the document is uploaded it doesn't generate the error.  However, if I try to overwrite the document and reset the URL it gives the EntityName error. 

I've reproduced this and will submit a support ticket.

Regards,

Tim

Just as a follow-up K2 support has confirmed that this is a bug in bp 4.5 1230.

Thanks for the follow-up. As a workaround I created a method that looks for all the unacceptable xml characters in a field and replaces them with underscores. Not exactly what I would like but it will suffice for now.

If a workflow is involved, then update the column on the workflow side (as opposed to within an InfoPath rule) and use an inline function to HTML Encode the string prior to the update.