Skip to main content

HI Guys,

I am trying to do a simple validation in the amount text box with the sum expression but not working. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.

14250i16094BD0CE82C020.png

Invoice Amount Text Box amount is a control in SmartForm and Sum is an expression for repeatable amount fields that sums the total amount of the list.

Am I doing some data type mis-match ? Do I need to convert InvoiceAmount Text Box into number or decimal before I compare thier values  ?

Thanks.

Dear ,

First off , use the sum expression in a data label and make it visible , and check if the value is as expected or not , just pointing that out because if u r using sum expression for list view column with paging , it will only sum current page nt all pages .
Second , try to use "if" condition , if amount = sum return 0 else rrturn 1 .

If wt i said is wrong for ur scenario , please provide more clarification and i hope to help .

Regards
Ahmad Yaqub.

Hi,

Seems like you have an expression "SUM" returns total amount of the list column. Now you wanted to validate if the SUM expression value is equal to INVOICE AMOUNT textbox. Is that right?

If so, then why dont you define a INVOCIE textbox changes rule where in you can have an adavanced codition to check the textbox content value is equal to TOTAL value of the Sum epxression?

May be you can provide us more insight on the scenario!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu