Skip to main content

Hi all,

Is there a way of opening up the security of a task so that anyone can complete it? The only way I know of is to assign the task to an "All Users" group but we have tens of thousands of users in the group, and we can't have that many users resolved and written to a database each time a task is assigned. 

My next step is to completely rework all our workflows to use async server events rather than client events for this reason, but I'd really like to avoid this option... :)

Any ideas?

An easy way I can think of is to have tasks assigned to a single user and then specify that user's credentials whenever you open up a task. There are a lot of downsides to this approach however:

1. You will not have the correct tracking from K2 reporting perspective. Everything will be logged against the single user.
  2. Email notifications will be a pain. But since you are considering using async server events, I guess this is not a big deal for your case.
  3. You will need to implement custom authorization measures. Same reasoning as point 1.

A slightly better approach to this could be to do a redirect to the actual user when the user opens up the task. But then you will need to consolidate 2 Worklists, one for the generic user and one for the actual user.