Skip to main content

We have a process which was recently deployed to production.  As the system gets used more and more, managers are asking for metrics like "where is this case in the process?".  There is a wealth of information stored in K2 and I am trying to understand the most effective way to report on some of it.  For instance, I would like to be able to create a  report showing a couple of process instance fields and which client activities are currently active - this could be 0 (if the process is complete) to more than one for parallel processes.  The only way I can see to achieve this goal is to join each client activity to the report so that I can display the name of the activity if its finish date is not null.

Has anyone else succeeded, or attempted something similar to this?  I can answer the question about where a particular instance is in the process through some of the canned reports, but the end users are reluctant to try to figure those reports out.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

I found the best way to answer the where is this case in the process is to add a status in your process data fields and to change it at the desired activities.  If you store your process data in smart objects you can add a status in there.

If you want to construct reports on processes and activities by making use of the standard process smart object, I would suggest looking at the standard k2 processes. 

You can get the reports definitions from reporting services if you open the report in SSRS and then click on the properties tab, there is a report definition section.  Click on edit and save the definition to a location where you can open it from in visual studio.