Skip to main content

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with very simple rule to compare two values : InvoiceNumber and VendorID. The way it works is

Stored Procedure return value ( InvoiceNumber and VendorID) is saved in SmartForm parameter.

Once they are in the parameter, use advance condition to compare for its equality.

I have rules defined as

12469i9E64A07FE61AFDAC.jpg

VendorID_GP and InvoiceNumber_GP are parameters in the form which contains outout from the storedproc and comparing the values with form inout controls Vendor ID and Invoice Number.

I do ot know why this advance condition is not working. Otherwise, I would have received a 'found duplicate' message pop-up.

Please help. Am I am doing anything wrong in the rule execution here.

Just out of curiosity, I changed the 'equals' comparator to 'contains' and works like a magic.

So what makes the difference netween equals and contains. I thought equals for comparing to string values and contains just look for some specific values. Any thoughts ?

Dear ,

First thing that i have in mind , is that i got some kind of the same issue once ,

i had like a comparing condition between "ahmad" = "ahmad" and return was false ,

and when i executed it in SQL SP even gave me false , i found out that the problem was the source wheere i got the "ahmad" ,

i had my data from WCF service , into my data base , so my "Ahmad" from my smartform was different from "Ahmad" returned to my data base from the WCF

it was a formatting issue , they looked the same but the format , or  u could say the way they were saved was different , for the sake of an example lets say one is saved as binary and the other is in ASCII , but both represent "Ahmad",

This conclusion was based on my testing on my scenario , and thought i should share it with u , probably u got the same scenario happening if ur data input into database is nt by k2 smartform .

Hope it made sense and helps,

Regards.

I am having a similar issue. The advanced condition says if this radio button control "Equals" this value then execute a rule. The problem is it will work and then it just stops working. I have no idea why. It seems to quit working after I publish republish the workflow. Or maybe it just works when it wants to. I cannot tell if it is th operators or the control but it simply fails to work.

Thanks,

B