Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am new to K2. We have just installed K2 blackpoint 4.5 RC (4.10020.0.0) on our development server. I have been playing around with it for a while and i can figure this out.

How do you add two numbers in the workflow?

The senario is this: i have an impact rating, and an urgency rating and i need to add the two to get a priority rating for our support system workflow. To me this is a very basic function that all workflow engines should cater for, but i can't find a way to do it.

Hi

In K2 4.5 you have a new node in the object browser. its called inline functions. when you expend this node you have a large collection of inline functions that you can use to include anything from simple to complex logic in your workflows. you can add two values using an expression or sum across a collection returned from a smartobject or across a repeating node in an xml doc. if you combine inline functions with the new smartobject filters in 4.5 you have a very powerful platform for building out complex logic anywhere in a k2 process where a k2 fieldpart can be dropped.

to give you another example, you can drop an inline function in a customized e-mail notification as part of your e-mail content. 

Inline functions are available in the silverlight designer, K2 Studio, K2 for Visual Studio and K2 for Visio.

the cool thing is you can extend inline functions with your own custom functions. the possibilities are endless...

here is a screenshot: 

Is this K2 BlackPoint? I don't see the inline functions in K2 studio at all?

yes, its in k2 blackpoint 4.5 (you have to download the RC or wait until next week to get the RTM released version). its available in k2 studio, visual studio and the new k2 silverlight based designer in sharepoint. its also available in k2 blackpearl 4.5. with 4.5 blackpearl and blackpoint are now based on exactly the same code base.