Skip to main content

Hi all,

I've got a custom security label working in my client's environment (The custom label gets the users form a WCF service the customer provided me.) I can browse the users, assign tasks to users and also assign tasks to groups. All works great.

I then created a role and added a single user to it, but the role always resolves to empty. I have tried the following:

• Force a refresh
  • Set the refresh interval to 1
  • Set Dynamic to true

None of these work. I get the following error on the K2 server in console mode:

"Error   24148 The User Manager 127.0.0.1 returned an empty queue."

This error means the role is empty. Has anyone else managed to successfully add a user from a custom security label to a role? 

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

I have some more info on this... It looks like when the security label calls my client's system to validate a user it is making the call using the format:

Label:Username

The system obviously isn't expecting the security label as part of the fqn, and so it can't find the user. Hence the empty role.

The only place I'm storing the label in my security provider is in the UserId property, and this is correct. So why is the label being included when K2 queries the system? Anyone seen this before?

My reasoning above was incorrect.

One more piece of debugging info is that I can add a group from my security label to the role and it resolves this correctly and works fine, but adding a user does nothing.