Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to create a view, where I want to add multiple rows. The scenario is like this:

I have an editable list view, which contains request details in list format. When a user clicks on a button 'Add Items' on the editable list view, a new item view opens as a pop up with the same columns as the editable list view. Then the user enters the details on the popup view and and clicks 'add' button on the popup item view. Upon this, the details from the pop-up item view gets transferred to the editable list view. Once the user adds multiple rows to the editable list view by following the same procedure, he then clicks on the submit on the editable list view to create a request and then the details get saved to the database.

Could anyone please guide me on how to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yes you can achieve this requirement.

Firstly upon user clicks on the Add button you will open Subview. On subview create a button called SAVE, upon user enters all details on the Subview and clicks on SAVE which is avaiable on the SubVIEW, you set a rule to TRANSFER data, on the mapping of transfer rule, set values from subview controls to SMARTOBJECT properties of the LIST and then execute a apply changes rule of the list. This will add the entries into the editble list. Ultimately on the List view you hjave SUBMIT button, upon click of submit button you execute the actuall save method to insert details into the DATABASE TABLE.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am new to K2 and I am having confusion about mappings and rules. Could you please give me an example to explain this concept? It would be really helpful for a newbie like me. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Sami.