Skip to main content

Hi,

I am reasonably new to K2 and i am working on a presentation for a potential client.

I have the process running. It 's a simple control process but there needs to be documents added to a SharePoint list item when it is created. The problem is that I can add the documents to the list but I don't see the documents or links to them in the process steps after the creation.

I have read in some other posts that the API that creates the list item is not the same that deals with the attachments of files to list items.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a limitation?

Is there another way of having the files available in the process steps?

Thanks in advanced,

efeurich

How are the documents being added to the list?  If you're doing this through K2 or if the process is being kicked off by a SharePoint Events Integration then the process or event wizards will automatically add a process XML field which will contain details about the document that was uploaded into the list including the document URL and the name.  You might want to start a test instance and then look at the view flow diagram, click on the start activity, and then click on the Process Data tab and review all of the data fields just to see how K2 populates the xml process field.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. It surely got me forward on this.

The documents are added manually to the list item. I got it to work by putting an extra step in the flow called "Add List Items Reference". This puts a link in the user form that has a reference to the list item.  

Best regards,

Eric