Skip to main content

Hi all,

I've been asked to knock up a form which is supposed to monitor an activity.

I have done the form and created a Smartobject and on there are fields like Process Name to be monitored etc..

However when the user has submitted the form, the form is then supposed to be monitored by another person who should be able to click on the Activity (in a list view with the most recent activity at the top) which should then open the activity in Form View and then allow the User to add entries to the Activity log.

The activity Log fields are Name, Approved/declined, By Whome and Date (these might be or might not be required if

How do you add a function to a form to have a button when clicked will add these 4 activity log fields. Then if the user comes back again to update the form, they can add more entries to the entry log. The entries need to be in tabular format but kept on seperate lines.

More importantly how will this data be stored in a Smartobject? Would i create a new set of 4 activity log fields each time a new acticity log entry is made?

So i;m kinda stuck how you can do this?

The log entries need to be stored in an external data source not realted to K2, such as a SQL database.  You can then create a SmartObject using the SQL Server broker to interface with the table where the logs are stored.

Is there any examples on how to achieve this?

i want it so the user clicks on a List View, then selects an item.

Then the item view should appear for that item and allow me to add more log entries to that Activity.

Anyone done something similar? Any working examples on how i can acheive this?