Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I have a scenario where i need to allow user to send an email on a single click of a button and this button should be present in a mail which he/she is getting from K2 workflow.

Any idea how can we achieve this?

Thanks In advance

Hi There

The only way I could think that you could possibly do this is to add a button using HTML to your email. The only problem with this is that I am unsure of whether you can start a new email using a button in HTML. I would look into the possiblity of doing that.

Ian

@Shivam12Pathak, 

Add this line of code to the email in your workflow. You will allow a user to send an email with a single click. Well two clicks, since they would still need to press the send button on their own email. 

<a href="mailto:bob@denallix.com?Subject=Hello%20Word"> Mail to Bob </a>

The downside is the email address is hardcoded and anytime you need to change email addresses you would have to change this line of HTML in the workflow and redeploy the workflow.

If you are going down the road to adding HTML to your emails, here is a link to Email HTML tags & attributes ignored by Outlook

One more thing I did was have a datalabel in a form that stored an email address, transfer that email address to my workflow. When I sent a user notfication, I used that datafield and drag and drop onto the email form. That created a link to send an email, but that link would look like administrator@denallix.com and I could not adjust the link or configure a subject line, but allowed the ability to change the email address dynamically based on what was put in the datafield for the email item reference. 

Hi Ian, Chadg,

Thanks for the reply.

@Chadg: I have tried this tag before as my solution

<a href="mailto:bob@denallix.com?Subject=Hello%20Word"> Mail to Bob </a>

But this will open a new email page through installed outlook application with all the details like To and Subject, and user has to click on send button again. But my requirement is to send mail directly without asking user to click on send button again.

Is there any other solution which can be used to resolve my problem.

@Shivam12Pathak,

I am not seeing this as an OOTB feature. Feel free to log it as a feature request with K2 Support.

When you find a way to make it work, please post your results to the community.  

Chad