Skip to main content

I have read KB000182 a few times and have a question:

The domain K2 is installed is Dev (child)

The domain i want to add is Prod (parent)

so the LDAP context looks like: LDAP://DC=Dev,DC=West,DC=Prod,DC=Com

The bold section indicated the Parent (PROD) comes before the Child (DEV); is this correct?

Also; does it matter which order the Datasource are listed in? (even though i installed K2 in Dev can i list Prod first?)

Use HostServer
Update SecurityLabels
Set AuthInit = '<AuthInit><Domain>[parentnetbiosname]</Domain><Domain>[childnetbiosname]</Domain></AuthInit>',
Roleinit ='<roleprovider> <init>ADCache=10;LDAPPath=LDAP://DC=ParentDomain,DC=COM;ResolveNestedGroups=False;IgnoreForeignPrincipals=False;
IgnoreUserGroups=False;MultiDomain=True;DataSources=&lt;DataSources&gt;
&lt;DataSource Path="LDAP://DC=ParentDomain,DC=COM" NetBiosName="[parentnetbiosname]"/&gt;
&lt;DataSource Path="LDAP://DC=ParentDomain,DC=ChildDomain1,DC=COM" NetBiosName="[childnetbiosname]"/&gt;
&lt;/DataSources&gt;
</init>
<login />
<implementation assembly="ADUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" type="ADUM.K2UserManager2" />
<properties><user><property name="Name" type="System.String" /><property name="Description" type="System.String" /><property name="Email" type="System.String" /><property name="Manager" type="System.String" /><property name="SipAccount" type="System.String" /><property name="ObjectSID" type="System.String" /></user><group><property name="Name" type="System.String" /><property name="Description" type="System.String" /></group>
</properties>
</roleprovider>'
where SecurityLabelName='[labelname]'

From my own experience, I would say it doesn't matter. Currently, I have three sibling domains in my K2 security label (no parent / children relationship) and it works like a charm!
thanks...gonna give it a shot today!

Hello, at the moment I'm not that familiar to K2 yet but I know a lot about AD / LDAP.

In LDAP paths the order is always: child, parent, com

Oh yes, I skipped this other question about the order of the stuff in bold. Of course Marc is right.