Skip to main content

Guys, anyone help me out with this one?

I have a large number of Process Instances that were inadvertantly put into Sleep Mode by users, which I need to awaken. I'm guessing that this can be done via the MOSS worklist web part, but I can't find where and how to add a secondary filter to the web part to display the Sleep items.

Can anyone help me with this, or maybe suggest any other way that I can force an item in Sleep mode to become availale for working again?

Thanks

Paul

Are these tasks assigned to you as well?  If so, then yes you should be able to see them by creating a new filter on worklist.  To do so:

- click the  Configuration icon on the worklist webpart (the icon near the top right corner of the web part with the paper and wrench)

-  click 'Add' on the filters tab

-  provider a name of the filter (e.g. "Sleep"

- click 'Add'  then configure as follows:

Field: Worklist Item Status

Compare: Equals

Value:  Sleep

- click ok to save everything.

- back on the worklist view, now  you should have  another filter in the 'Selected Filter' drop down list.  go ahead and select the one you just created.

Keep in mind that you will only see tasks in this filter if you are a one of the destination users.

HTH.

OK, my question is...I've created a Sleep filter, and can view the sleeping item.  But how do I "wake it up" before it's scheduled end time?  If this can't be done via an existing K2 interface, can we use an API call to do this?

We use the following API calls to wake up our sleeping tasks:

SourceCode.Workflow.Client.WorklistItem worklistItem = GetWorklistItem(workflowServerConnectionString);
worklistItem.Open();
if (worklistItem.Status != SourceCode.Workflow.Client.WorklistStatus.Sleep) throw new Exception("Task is not currently suspended");
worklistItem.Sleep(false);

Thanks for the quick response Tim.  I knew there had to be a way.  You'll save us a lot of time.