Skip to main content

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can suggest a way of doing this....

I have a form with a row of data the user will fill in. But I want the option of adding a row underneath if the user wishes to add for information, how do I do this on the fly while the form is in use?

The row has 4 fields which are held and saved in a Smartobject, but if I add another row, will I need another set of extra 4 fields in the Smartobject etc etc.

So if I have 10 rows, will I have 40 fields in my Smartobject? Is it possible to just have 4 fields but have data added to them for each new row?

Here is what i have so far:

14160i7DDC3DCD87390B08.jpg

How do make it so that when the user clicks Add new row it adds a new row underneath but keeps the same fields, or would i need 4 new fields to hold the new row data?

Can't figure out the best way to achieve this. Also instead of a radio button, can you have a + sign instead?

When the Add new row button is clicked, would a rule be needed to make the next row visible or is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks

Hi, 

Have you tried using an Editable List form? Or wouldn't this work for your requirements?

Hi,

Editable list is only ok for displaying 7-8 fields in the records.

Each record could have upto 20 fields, so that is why i'm using an Item View.

So they can add more rows if required, the only way I can think of is to create 4 extra fields for each ROW in the Smartobject and then i'd have to hide each row until the press the Add row button. Seems very long winded.

Was hoping It was possible to add multiple rows but somehow keep the fields down to just the original 4...

Hope that makes sense...

Hi,

I think you are best using an editable list view with sub views. For example have a editable list view and only show the most important fields there. Then when they click on an item in the list view a pop up should appear with an item view wth all the fields. Have a save button on the popup view, which when clicked will transfer data back to the list view and then apply the changes to the list view.

Hope this helps