Skip to main content

Hi,

After configure web.config to add 2nd Active Directory, restart IIS.  When launch K2 Workspace to add process rights to users in new AD, but can't browse users in new AD.  Anyone has ever found this issue.  Could u pls advise ?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hi,

Did you have a look at this document?  Its a run through on how you can achieve adding multiple active directory domains, it even covers implemantation through K2 workspace. 

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.4/After_AddingMultipleDomains.html

Hope this will help!

Nelly

Did you add the 2nd domain via Workspace > Management Console > User Managers > K2 ?

Did you try restarting the K2 service?

Hi,

Has the the HostServer.SecurityLabels table in the K2 database been modified accordingly - also K2 would need to be reconfigured from the installation media.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I did follow the steps in the link http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.4/After_AddingMultipleDomains.html

to modify SQL table K2.Hostserver.securitylabel, and web.config file.  Also restart IIS service, K2 Blackpearl server.

See the attached file of my changes.

But still can't browse users under 2nd domain.   Anything else I've missed ?  Pls advise.

Hi K2-DMXTH

You can have a look at these documentations, as these looks relevant to my understanding of the issue that you are experiecing:

K2 Management Console - Active Directory Service2

Ad Service Objects

K2 Management Console - How to configure the Service Instance

Configuring the Active Directory User Manager

Hi K2-DMXTH,

You can try the following link on adding a second domain:

How to register labels against multiple domains

It explains a bit better.

And in the Roleint the string has a different structure to yours.

Also look at Workspace:

1. Open workspace
  2. Go to “Management”
  3. “Management console”
  4. Expand “server name”.
  5. Expand “SmartObjects”
  6. Expand “Services”
  7. Open “AD Service2”
  8. Select “Active Directory Service2”
  9. Press “Edit”
  10. Check “LDAP” + “NETBIOSNAME”

Regards