Skip to main content

I have created a Smart Object using the SmartObject Service Tester; I have my users sitting in domain a.co.za, and my AD groups in domain b.a.co.za; Domain b.a.co.za is a child domain of domain a.co.za, and K2 has been enabled for multi-domains.

I can query the users fine in domain a.co.za but the groups do not resolve or do not return the users in any adgroup on domain b.a.co.za ?

I have written a simple C# method, which when executed in a web service or web application under the same sevice account credentials manage to resolve any AD Group on domain b.a.co.za to users.

Any Idea what the problem might be?

Hi Eckard,

When you have your group located in a different domain than that of the users it contains, you will need to enable foreign security principals. With enabled, I mean that you should have the IgnoreForeignSecurityPrincipals not enabled.

Can you please ensure that you have it enabled. Note that you need to start the service before this change will take affect.

Cheers,

Gert

Hi Gert,

The Setting was not enabled, and I enabled it on the Workspace, and when I run the Service Tester tool again, the AD Groups are not resolved to Users.

E.

Can you confirm that you have both the Domains added to the User Manager section in workspace and that you restarted the service after testing it again?

I have tried it with both Settings, with no sucess.