Skip to main content
Hi,

I noticed in the K2.net studio that I cannot add any Query Distribution Groups from AD. I do see Security Groups. Is there a reason why?
Hi Vinny
You won't be able to use the Query Distribution Groups in K2. The reason for this is because the filter that K2 applies to the AD query only checks for objects with the type of 'group' and 'user' and the Exchange object type is 'msExchDynamicDistributionList'.

Regards
Gert
Thanks Gert! Do you think it's possible to have K2 reference a static group and then add the query group as a member of the static group? Thus far I'm not able to get that to work properly.
Hi Vinny
K2 will still just ignore the object. The steps that K2 follows to resolve groups are :
1 : It checks that it is a valid object of type group.
2 : Gets a list of all the members of that group.
3 : For each member we test the type.
Valid types that will be used are : foreignsecurityprincipal,group and user. For groups start from Nr.2 again.

There you see that K2 does all the resolving even in nested groups.

I quickly had a look at the Dynamic Dist list and it will be possible to resolve it manually by writing some code and using MS Directory Services and the 'msexchdynamicdlfilter' and 'msexchdynamicdlbasedn' properties of the DDL object.

Hope this makes sense
Cheers