Skip to main content
I have a support ticket in on this, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. We have a process instance where the final activity completed, but the process status is still Active. There are no errors in the logs.

Thanks!
We have a similar case open with support. The process technically completed (not in anyones worklist and diagram shows completed), but the reporting facility lists the process as "running"
I received a fix from support; reposting here in hopes that it will help others avoid this situation.

What are those codes in English? Always set escalate date to 5 minutes to the future so it never fires?
icon-quote.gifPeter Yao:
What are those codes in English? Always set escalate date to 5 minutes to the future so it never fires?

More like "never set escalation date to a date in the past or close to the current time." It's basically a race condition.

I ended up writing a code module with a static method:

public class K2Helper
{
// Calling SetEscalationRule with a DateTime in the past will raise an exception.
// Calling it with the current time can interrupt assignments to destination users.
// This method will set an escalation for the requested time if it is more than
// one minute in the future.
// Otherwise, it will set an escalation for one minute from now.
public static void SetEscalationRuleSafely(EscalationRuleContext K2, DateTime requestedDateTime)
{
DateTime nearFuture = DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(1);

if (requestedDateTime > nearFuture)
{
K2.SetEscalationRule(requestedDateTime);
}
else
{
K2.SetEscalationRule(nearFuture);
}
}
}

Hello,

I have a similar problem but this solution doesn't work.
I have a process instance where the final activity completed, but the process status is still Active. I have no escalation on this process, so I don(t understand why this particular process isn't completed.

Thanks for the help,

Aude
I'd open a support ticket on it.
Thanks but unfortunatelly your fix don't help in my case because there is no active escalation in this process :? ...

I was able to reproduce the behavior that you are seeing and found that what is happening is that the Active escallation is firing while the work is being assigned to the destination users. The affect of this is that only a few of the work items expire and the rest remain active.

Aude

Are you running SP3?
Yes