Skip to main content

I created a smartobject that queries the Active Directory, using the K2 training material. We did this lesson in class, and I am trying it at work in our K2 production environment.

I am using the infopath integration with smartobjects project, which when you click the button on the infopath form, it calls the smartobject which should return a list of users in a table.

When I click the button it connects to the webservice, and then does not return anything. the table is blank, like no records were found.

Please help

13922iCDD211E342E5EF7C.jpg

try to isolate the source of the problem by using the smartobject tester utility to execute the same smartobject method. This will tell us whether the problem lies in the InfoPath data source or in the SmartObject layer. 

I found the problem and got it fixed.

The problem had to do with an issue in the user accounts. One of our users had an issue with the contacts.

I found the error in the log file that was created when the smartobject was run. Looking in the ServiceBroker folder at the error log I found this..

10-09-2010 01:19:52::269 FindSecurityUsersWithDefault

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done Resolving User:CN=Lastname, Firstname,OU=Emergency Op Admin,OU=Groups,OU=MSO,DC=abc,DC=intranet

at ADUM.Translate.DNToName(String DN)

at ADUM.K2UserManager2.FindSecurityUsersWithDefault(String Group, String Name, String Description, String Email, String Manager, String size, String domainLDAP, String upn, String uOrgUnit, String DisplayName)

I had our user account admin look up his account and he found the problem. (I removed the real username and replaced with lastname/ firstname )