Skip to main content

HI all,

When creatig a Active Directory User via the out of the box K" AD User smartobject, how do you set the people who report to that account (direct reports). So when creating a AD user , I want to add ad accounts bob, james etc as the direct reports for this account.

Thanks in advance

Hi s0m3one

I don't think you can set the direct reports for the account you are creating, however I believe you can set the Manager for the other accounts. So once you have created the new AD account, you can use another AD Event and select Update to update the manager property for the other accounts. The Manager property accepts text - I haven't tried myself but I assume you would need to add the Logon Name of the account in this property,

Thanks Andrew, thats what I ended up doing. Just creating a activity and setting the destination as the list of idrect reports and then setting the line manager for all the direct reports. Kinda of a fake loop in the workflow. Strange because it has a add to groups method where you just pass a concatinated string of the group names usng ";". This direct reports should've really followed the same method.