Skip to main content

Is anyone experienceing this particular problem when activating K2 features from the Central Admin "Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings" on the page http://<central admin server>/_admin/K2/administration.aspx

I have a particular application pool running as a user with the correct K2 permissions called "K2-SharePoint port 80"

When I select the application pool in the settings page the wizard correctly configures the site collection to use K2, but resets the K2/Silverlight designer applications in SharePoint to use a different application pool called "K2Workspace". This is running as a user that does not have the correct Kerberos settings, so end-users opening the designer from the "K2 Processes" button on the SharePoint ribbon are denied access with an AD Security prompt.

Changing the application pools for the following web apps back to "K2-SharePoint port 80" in IIS directly fixes the problem:

<<SharePointWFEServer>>SitesSharePoint - 80_layoutsWebDesigner
<<SharePointWFEServer>>SitesSharePoint - 80_layoutsWebDesignerEventWeb

However, I have to do this on all servers, I have to do it each time I extend a site collection to use K2 features and I would rather use the app to set these correctly, rather than having to go into IIS separately.

Any ideas anyone?

We're running SP2010 Enterprise,, K2 Blackpearl 4.5 KB1320

Thanks
Chris

Be the first to reply!