Skip to main content

How to restrict the users in distribution list to take action once the action is already taken by one of the user through email. Is there any way to trigger a auto respose that action is already been take.

Step1: Workflow triggered an email notification to the users in distribution list.

Step2: User1 in the DL has taken an action through email. Workflow completed.

Step3: User 2 tries to take action for the same worklist item.

Will User2 recieve any automated message from K2?

What happens when more then one user takes action at the same time?

Hi,

the Serial No will be expired when an action happen, they will recieve this email if they are using smartactions 

The K2 server could not find the worklist item (i.e14284_34.) This item may have been actioned by another user.
The full error from the K2 server is 'The worklist item (i.e14284_34)is no longer available or you do not have rights to open it.'.

What will happen if a worklist item is sent to a particular Distribution List and  user1 forward that action mail to user2 who is not the part of Distribution List i.e. he is an invalid user and tries to take action. So in that case will K2 trigger any automated error message to the user2 or manually we have to apply validations. 

Hi K2process,

you will recieve the same error message I posted in my previous comment, as it's not for one specific scenario

if you notice at the end or the error messgae  "OR you do not have rights to open it." , of course k2 will check if you are one of the destination users when you reply.

wish this helps :)

Thank you Mustafa!! It really helped.

Regards,

Sonali Jain

Hi,

We are getting emails from K2 Dev and K2 Test for the same worklist item which is there on K2 Test.

Below is the error which we are getting continuosly from K2 server:

The K2 server could not find the worklist item 1383_160. This item may have been actioned by another user.
The full error from the K2 server is 'The worklist item 1383_160 is no longer available or you do not have rights to open it.'. 

So what could be the reason as this error is repeatedly coming after particular time interval. As per my knowledge it should come once when the action is been taken by unauthorised user or if that instance is already been actioned by some other user. Is there any functionality that this error keep coming regularly or any time limit is been set for this email or what is the frequency for it or is there any configuration issue.

Regards,

Sonali Jain

Hi,

so once the task is actioned via smartactions, another user tried to action the already acitoned task via email and then you started receiving error emails multiple times? If understanind is correct, then how many emails up until now have you received?

Hi,

The mails are repeatedly exchanged between Test and Dev Service Accounts endlessly. Every day thousands of Emails. 

Please refer the attachment for better understanding of the issue.

15616iC97F5B5074743525.png

1.  Is both service accounts sharing the same mailbox/email address?

2.  How does the node below look in the k2hostserver.exe.config file in both environment?  Is it the same account?

<system self="K2:DENALLIXK2Service" enableListeners="True" allowAmbiguity="true" />

3.  Perhaps check how the REX UPDDATE: FY2017 Planner Inputs Submitted for CPO client event notification is configured, is there any strange CC/BCC to service accounts for both environment?  Is the service account somehow a part of the destionation set?

4.  Perhaps there is some strange OUTLOOK/exchange forwarding rules between the two service account?

Hi,

Yes, the service account is the part of destination users list. Is it the reason for an issue?

regards,

Sonali

I believe that may be the cause of the issue if you have Smartactions enabled for both environment and the SmartactionAccount of one environment happens to be a part of the destination set for a task in another environment.  Smartactions will try to process any email sent to the (Smartaction Account mailbox).

1.  EnvironmentA has a process and client event that happens to send a task/email notification to the SmartactionsAccountB of EnvironmentB (the SmartactionsAccount/K2ServiceAccount may be the same account in some environments); the SmartactionsAccountA does the sending of email notification in EnvironmentA

2. SmartactionsAccountB receives the email notification (Smartactions in EnvironmentB will try to process this email notification, but is not able to, as this task did not originate from EnvironmentB); so it sends email reply "The K2 Server could not find the worklist item"; which happens to go to the SmartactionsAccountA of environmentA (as this was the email that sent the email notification)

3.  Smartactions in EnvironmentA tries to process this "The K2 Server could not find the worklist item" email that it received (the reply from Smartaction in EnvironmentB); but does not know what to do with it either; so it sends another reply "The K2 Server could not find the worklist item" of its own; I believe this is where this loop can occur between Smartactions in EnvironmentA and EnvironmentB

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Sonali Jain