Skip to main content

In the InfoPath Client Event it's possible to specify a field to display actions available to complete the task (so when submitting the InfoPath form the selected action is taken without the need to return to the K2 Worklist), is this possible in a SharePoint list which has been modified with InfoPath (so not an InfoPath library)? Thanks.

Hi ric-bevan,

In the infopath client event there is the option "Make the action available without opening the work item". This allows the user to action the task via the notification email that is sent once the task has been assigned to them. In the Infopath Client Event you can set the specific actions you desire to be displayed in the notification email.

Please look at the the link below which discusses your query in more detail:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearluserguide4.6.7/webframe.html#Generic_Wizards_-_Configure_Actions_.html

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Kind Regards,

Yannick

Hi @Yannick, this is using the InfoPath Client Event and I'm not wanting to use this. I'm modifying SharePoint lists with InfoPath (but this is not a 'traditional' XML InfoPath form library); so I'll be using Default Client Events to link to the edit form views. What I'm wanting to do is have the functionality offered by the InfoPath Client Event (actioning a task from within a form) but only using SharePoint Lists modified with InfoPath. Thanks.