Skip to main content

Hi,

I am on the last step of a difficult distributed environment installation, of K2 blackpearl. I have the following configuration:

AppServer - Running SQL Reporting Services (Reports site, ReportsManager site)

SQLServer - Running SQL instance for the reporting

K2 Server - Running Workspace and K2 server

I have the following cases:

Sitting on the K2 Server, we open the Workspace and access the reports - everything is fine

Sitting on another computer (let's say, AppServer), we open the Workspace and access the reports - we get 401 (and the K2 server console is showing the user of the workspace app pool)

However, if we open the AppServer/Reports site, from any computer, everything is fine and Kerberos is used.

So basically, what have I done wrong, preventing users from accessing the Reporting, through the Workspace? I am looking at the K2 documentation - K2 blackpearl Installation guide -> Before you beging -> Support and Conf. Req. -> Set up SPNs -> SQL Server Service Account. That's the only one I haven't done and the documentation is very unclear about it.

To summarize:

Client Computer -> Reporting site -> SQL   == OK

Workspace Computer -> Workspace -> (Reporting web service?) -> SQL  == OK

Client Computer -> Workspace -> (Reporting web service?) -> SQL  == NOT OK

Please help? Thanks!

Are you using SSRS 2008? Is it possible for you to hit the reporting site directly? (http://localhost.domain.com/reports)

You can check the delegation the workspace app pool ID must be able to delegate to the SSRS app pool ID and the user must have view rights on the process.

HTH

Vernon

Hi,

SSRS 2005 here. Yes, if we open the reporting site directly it works just fine. Problem is, we can't access it through the Workspace "proxy" site.

We don't have any processes deployed yet. We are just trying to show the general "Process Overview" page, which opens fine in the SSRS, but not through Workspace.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Investigate the event logs on the computers this may give you more descriptive error messages

I agree with Vernon, it definitely sounds like your delegation from Workspace to the SQL RS site fails. Best bet from here on would be to enable Kerberos logging for the Workspace and RS web server and check what causes the failure.  

Hi,

Thanks for all replies. We re-verified the Delegation tabs of the service accounts. We found the problem at the delegation tab of the K2 Service account. The HTTP delegation of K2 Service Account was pointing to a wrong server, for some reason. After I pointed it to the Reporting server it worked fine.

Thanks!