Skip to main content

hi techies,

error i  am getting :Access denied. User must be at least a contributor to access the K2 WebDesigner

i have added an  AD User. added this user to a AD group,and now i have added this AD Group to an SharePoint Group having Approve and Contribute Permissions.i am getting the above access denied error when i open the K2WebDesinger form settings menu of the DocLibrary

but when add the AD User directly in to All People of the Sharepoint by giving contribute permission its working fine,

pls help , i have to use a AD Group in Share Point Group in Project.

thnks,

rajendra.

Have you tried giving rights to all authenticated users? Or may be creating a Sharepoint group and adding the user in that group?

vernon

i am not giving the permission to all users individually,i am creating sharepoint group and adding the AD Groups to that.

and giving the permission to that sharepoint gruop. in this case i am unable to open the k2webdesigner but in any other case like, adding AD group/user directly to AllPeople in sharepoint and adding the AD User to Sharepoint Group.

Unfortunately Sharepoint groups can’t be used to give contribute rights and then access the web designer. The user must have explicit contribute rights; this is in the K2 Documentation:

http://help.k2.com/en/k2blackpointhelp.aspx?page=Accessing_K2_Web_Designer_for_SharePoint.html

This should however change for the next major release of Blackpoint.

Vernon