Skip to main content

Hi!

I'm a newbie of K22blackpearl],

I'm actually working on a virtual machine (not my own) and i'm trying to do some works and labs in a tutorial.

2 questions:

1) I haven't the Dinallix project, so i can't interact with ASP.NET pages created. How (and where, of course!) I can download it?

2) In 1st lab i've to add employees and ExpenseReport. I've just created my SmartObjects and .aspx page, but i don't know how to "bind" that page to the SmartObject (i.e.: if user add a name in textbox in the .aspx page, that name will automatically refer to the FirstName Property in Employee SmartObject).

Can you help me?

Thanks!

icon-quote.giffabrizio.venere:

1) I haven't the Dinallix project, so i can't interact with ASP.NET pages created. How (and where, of course!) I can download it?

You'll have to speak with your K2 sales rep to get you a copy of the VM. It isn't publicly available for download.

icon-quote.giffabrizio.venere:

2) In 1st lab i've to add employees and ExpenseReport. I've just created my SmartObjects and .aspx page, but i don't know how to "bind" that page to the SmartObject (i.e.: if user add a name in textbox in the .aspx page, that name will automatically refer to the FirstName Property in Employee SmartObject).

What is your familarity level with ASP.NET? You'll need to add a SqlDataSource (or ObjectDataSource) to the page and configure it to use the blackpearl SmartObject Data Source to be able to retrieve data for your page. Updating is a bit more complicated.

I also suggest checking through the blackmarket projects there are some good samples in there. Post back with any issues