Skip to main content

Currently one of our clients is having qualms with the issue whereby if a user tries to action a Task that they've been assigned, but that Task has already been actioned/ or rerouted to a different action within the workflow.    The error they are getting is:

24411 K2:DOMAINuser from <IP address> is not allowed to open the worklist item with SN=####_##”

Their environment is a purely OOTB Sharepoint/ SmartForms deployment utilizing Designer and K2 Studio.

While i realize from another posting what this error message represents to an end user.   Is there anyway to modify, or intercept the error message, so that an end user has a more "at ease" error message rather than the cryptic message that might tend to make them feel that the system is broken?

We are currently using Blackpearl 4.6.9, and are utilizing the functionality within a Sharepoint environment with Smart Forms.

I know I've worked in an environment that was a pure .Net application utilizing the Blackpearl API and we were able to capture instances where the Serial Number wasn't found and we were able to intercept the error message and present a "friendly error" back to the user via a popup form.

There is an event for the form "In Error" so "When the Form is In Error" you can use to trap an error and display a friendly message to the end user.

S.

I had this same issue so I posted a solution in the post below. Please let me know if it helps.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Error-24411-occurs-after-an-item-is-opened-that-has-already-been/m-p/91574#M29254 

Thanks,

Bryan