Skip to main content

Symptoms

"Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied ServiceName: TaskAllocationService ServiceGuid: 3f23b6f6-a43d-41c1-a4ce-7c2229ad04ea InnerExceptionMessage: "

Diagnoses

We Have A lot of our processes go to error state. Example of errors "Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied ServiceName: TaskAllocationService ServiceGuid: 3f23b6f6-a43d-41c1-a4ce-7c2229ad04ea InnerExceptionMessage: "

Resolution

"It was found that the k2server settings were pointing to another instance. running the setup manager in configuration mode to reference the k2 server , helped resolve the issue."

have the exact same issue. I have run the k2 setup configuration mode multiple times and it is still not connecting. With the same error when i try and pull a report i get the error it could not connect to the sql server instance. need some help urgently