Skip to main content

Hi,

I installed k2.net2003 sp4 and MOSS 2007 in the same server, later i installed additional components for moss there.when we are trying to impliment small workflow with aspx page and k2.net studio and with moss 2007 ,i am not able to get the updated values in MOSS list.I found the error like unautherised error in k2.net service manager error profile.Error details are

Error Type :ServerEvent

Error item name:Create SharePoint list item

Error Description :

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, ObjectO] parameters)
   at K2SPSList.GetUserId(String SiteUrl, String UserLoginName, Int32& UserId, String& ErrorMessage)
   at K2Code1289.Main(ServerEventContext& K2)

Screen shot of the error also attached.Please help me in this issue.

Regards,

sureshr

Does the K2 service account have rights to the SharePoint site and list etc?
To expand on Chris' suggestion, this is because K2 Service is the actual component interacting with SharePoint, not the client/UI application; thus the identity running the K2 service must have the proper permissions in MOSS.

Hi,

Thanks to Mr. Suresh and also thanks for Mr. ChirsG for the reply. Because I’m also facing same problem.

Mr. ChirsG, when I’m trying to add permissions to SharePoint site and List I’m not finding K2 Service Accountant/User in my active directory, so can u help me how to add K2 Service  Accountant/User in my active directory.

And also I want to know that, does K2 Service Accountant/User will automatically creates while installing K2.net or we need to create explicitly.

Thanks

Ramesh Paladi

Hi Ramesh,

The K2 Service Account(s) are not automatically created when you install K2.NET 2003. That is something you will have to do manually. You can download a copy of the installation documentation from our customer portal under Downloads à Product Downloads à K2.NET 2003. On that page about the third item down you will see   K2.net®️ 2003 with SP4 Installation Documentation. Download this file and install the executable program in the zip file. This will install the installation documentation on your computer.

Once you have the Installation Documentation installed, go to Start à Programs à K2.net 2003 à Installation Documentation à K2.net 2003 Install Guide (SP4)

This will open a PDF file so you will need acrobat reader installed. In the PDF, you will see a chapter called 4 – Security Requirements. In this chapter, there is a section called Step By Step – Configuring the K2.net 2003 Security Pre-requisites. This is a pretty good chapter for walking you through the steps necessary to create all the service accounts you will need.

There is also a good article in the knowledge base http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000134.aspx that covers the best practices and gives you an overview of the things that should be considered to help your install go smoothly.

Hope this helps!

Scott