Skip to main content

After having just used the guide @help.K2 to install and configure the K2 blackpearl Components for SharePoint in a distributed enviro, we have run into an issue whereby we receive a 401.5 when the k2 SharePoint List Item event tries to talk to the /_vti_bin/K2SPListItems.asmx service installed on the SharePoint host.  I have verified via the IIS Logs for the site that the proper k2 service account user is being used.

Obviously this means that at least the K2 Service Account (if not All Authenticated Users) is missing from the ACLs for the resources installed by k2.

So is my root problem that:

·         The pre-existing SharePoint installation is locked down in such a way (child-permission-inheritance disabled or something else)  that I need to specifically grant this access manually?

-OR-

·         The help.K2 guide is missing a post-configuration step?

And should the resolution be to grant read/execute to:

·         All Authenticated Users (i.e. the k2 components will properly impersonate the SharePoint calls so that SharePoint can/will control access)

-OR-

·         Only the K2 Service Account

In order for K2 to properly talk to SharePoint libraries, Authenticated Users have to have Add/Edit permission on the library.

I think you mean that the users who need to add/edit the list need to be granted permission (but not necessarily all authenticated users) and that would include the K2 service.  This is true, but doesn't apply since the error I'm dealing with comes from IIS and is happening well before SharePoint ever comes into play.