Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have 3 questions as follows:

#1: When I create a process, I deploy it to the document library (successfully). I close my session, and go back to the document library and go to Library > K2 Process in the breadcrumb - why don't I see the workflow I previously deployed, but have to open the saved workflow?

#2: When a task is created in K2, I can see the task in the "Tasks" list in the site, however, when I open a task to review a document (in a document library that the document is attached to, why is there link to the document from the task)?

#3: Any ideas why e-mails are getting sent from native SharePoint, but not from the K2 workflow (same SMTP settings) and sending to internal addresses.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

1. It is possible to build multiple processes for the same document library so the designer will ask you each time you open it whether you want to build a new process for that library/list or open an existing saved process.

2. The reason that the task page has a link to the document is so that a reviewer will have an ability to easily open the document for review. It is possible that the reviewer is accessing the task page from an email link or a K2 task list in another site/application rather than from the document library itself and would not have the context of the document.

3. You might want to open a support ticket for this one as there could be a couple of reasons why this is not working. The most common thing that I see is when MSMQ (Microsoft Message Queuing) is either not installed or not configured properly for K2. All K2 task notifications go through MSMQ and there is information in the K2 help files for how to setup MSMQ properly to receive these messages. Another common issue could be that the K2 service account is failing to authenticate to the SMTP server. You can check your SMTP logs for more information on this.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Eric

#1 OK thanks, makes sense now.

#2 Should have been no link to the document, however, I see it now.

#3 The e-mails miraculously started sending today. Not sure if Infrastructure changed anything ...