Skip to main content

Team,

is it possible to add a column on a view list with a radio button for each row? I want to let the user know that a record should be selected and only one at the time.

Thanks in advance,

Will

Dear ,

No way OOB to have a radio button on list view , only control on list view is data label to show data , no other control could be displayed .

Regards.

Hi Will,

While it is true that you cannot put a radio button in a view, you might be able to approximate the functionality in other ways. You might consider using an editable list view where a user would have to either select or edit a row to change a selection status field. You could also have an unbound column with a literal control powered by an expression that would set the value to a check mark image based on the selection status field true or false value. 

On the save, you could then theoretically loop through the rows and force the status of all other rows except the one that was just selected to a status of false and save their values.

Upon list refresh, the new row that was checked would display the check image and the others would be cleared.

I am sure there are some nuances to this approach that would need to be worked out but it is potentially doable. Note, this is theory I didn't have a chance to prototype this out, but maybe it will spark some ideas on your end.

Good luck!

S.