Nintex Forms and WF embeded task inside the list item

• 23 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

Please i need a help between Niontex Forms and Nintex WF variables pass, would you please let me know if we could pass variables from Nintex WF to Nintex forms.

The purpose of the question is:

I want to have a link (better to be buttons) for the task action (approve/reject/complete...etc) in the list item itself, so users should not follow the emails for taking actions, what workaround i did is using Nintex WF, when i have a task, lets say flexi task, i put a parallel action with query list to the tasks list, this will get the pending task and i set it into a hyperlink list item

It works well, but the issue when i have a  flexi task that has group of pople and they all should take action, the task that i have set inseide teh list item  is the recent one (for only one user), so other users when they open the list item

will have no ability to take action!

What i'm thinking is to make the query list more advanced by specifying the all pending tasks related to this item with assigned person from tasks list, and store all the values in custom list columns, and in nintex forms depend on current logged in user to show or hide teh task related to him/her. But i felt its not a solid silution,

So i'm thinking of dynamic check on form load in nintex forms, to get teh current pending tasks related to current logged in user and show a button or a link for approve/reject

Anyone can help plzzzz :(

5 replies

Badge +3

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

wouldn't it be an option for you not to create individual tasks for assignees?

Badge +3

Thanks Marian for your reply,

Business requirments to have a task for each user and one response is needed, so i need each user when opening the list item to have a URL for his/her task.

as an example, user A, B, and C will have a task, this task configured to be one response required, the way that i did above and as described in the attached, the query list will fill teh URL for A task, but when B and C open teh list item they will see that URL, how could i change the URL for the task upon current logged in user?

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

then I would see two possible approaches.

- if you want to do it form workflow side, then you will need to populate all the links for all the users  into list item and label somehow each link by particular user. eg. create multiline text field with rtf formatting on list and populate it with links where display text will be user name and links itself behind will point to their task.

- if you want to do it from form side you will have to make your own query to the task list from javascript code. since you need to filter the query by (at least) two columns (item ID, user) you will not be able to use any OOTB functionality (lookups) and you will have to write your own REST or Web service call.

an example how to make a REST API call from forms you can find eg. here How do I call SharePoint 2013 Rest APIs from Nintex Form 

an example how to make a web service call from form you can find eg. here  

Note however, if you will do query from form and you will have running multiple workflows on the item, query filtered just by user and item ID need not be sufficient. you would need to filter it in addition by workflow name. even with that extra filter you will not be able to distinguish between current version workflow instance and previous version workflow instance.

so depends on your env and approval process you might get quite difficult uniquely identify current task(s) for a user.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi ‌ -- Did ‌'s response help you out? If so, please mark it as correct.

Thank you!

Rhia