Error: Before Access DB can be opened, you must turn on the Use DSN for Access option

• 26 March 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Issue

While importing data, this error message is displayed: Before this Access database can be opened, you must turn on the 'Use DSN for Access' option in the Admin Center.

Error Code

21092i787B826B6E61A02B.png

Resolution

For Foxtrot users, version 15.1.12 and below, verify the permission level on the Foxtrot Suite folder, located on “C:Program FilesFoxtrot Suite”, or “C:Program Files (x86)Foxtrot Suite” for 64-bit machines. The user should have read, write, and modify permissions to the directories above. Please have a system administrator grant these permissions if they do not yet exist. Without the appropriate permissions, Foxtrot Administrator will allow the steps below, however, changes will not save.

To activate the Enhanced Import Wizard:
  • Log onto the Foxtrot Administrator
22682i85B7B7D33F0A0EEF.gif

• Click on the Data Settings view, under the Workstation tab
  • Check both checkboxes that appear, and choose "MS Access Database" as the default DSN
22683i4707E05E0826F844.png

This is a article attached image
**These checkboxes may only be checked if the machine has Microsoft Office installed.
  • Click Save Changes along the top left
  • Close Foxtrot and re-launch the application. Going forward, with appropriate permissions mentioned above all supported file types can be imported.

For version 16.x.x and above, RPA automatically selects the option for you and this message indicates there is something wrong with Access on the machine or that it or Office is not installed on the machine.

**RPA does require MS Access or MS Office, if it is not installed, please install it.

If the machine does have Access or Office installed and the "Use Microsoft Office Automation for enhanced Excel import" box is grayed out, please run a repair on the Access Database Engine as it may have become corrupt.

Related Links

0 replies

Be the first to reply!