Error after Starting a new process

• 23 October 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am new to the K2 universe and I am trying to create my first workflow.  I've worked on workflows that already existed, but this is the first one I've created from scratch.

I have no problems deploying and creating instances of a process using a SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection, but when I try to start the process, the instance does not get started. 

I found by debugging using the Server console that every time I call StartProcessInstance, an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error is thrown.

The error does not show up in the error profiles and I have no clue where this error is originating from because I have no stack trace.  Is there any place where stack traces for errors are logged?

2 replies

Badge +1

After doing a little digging I found more detail on the error.  Here is the full error line I get if I set the log level to all

"1484053","2008-10-23 03:24:06","Error","General","1","GeneralErrorMessage","K2Worker.RunLoadedProcess","1 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","","","[OurServer]:C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","1484053","5eaf1d01f287442aae97b12b08e7a854",""

I'm going to keep digging, but I'll post on here every nugget of info I uncover.  If anyone has any idea where I'm going wrong, please let me know.

Thanks

Badge +1

Well....I canned the workflow that was throwing the error and started a completely new one.  I must have done something to mess up the first one because the new one works without a hitch despite being exactly the same as the first one???