cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

is it possible to asign a Flexi Task to a SharedEmail or Group in AD ??

Hello

I have already asked this question but seems like it goes into deaf ears or nobody knows what I am asking!!!

Can NINTEX Team confirm this please??

Can I assigned a shared email (exchange shared email) or / and a Active Directory Group (which contains users) to a Flexi Task for approval?? Yes or No ?!

I am already trying to do this and workflow does not send the approval email to none of the users.

https://community.nintex.com/thread/19416-approval-request-via-shared-email-account-not-possible

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: is it possible to asign a Flexi Task to a SharedEmail or Group in AD ??

Hi Bim Bimi

Exactly what do you mean buy "shared mailbox"? Is an actual mailbox where multiple users access it like their own or a distribution list?

And yes you can, actually you should use an AD group for shared mailbox, if you don't, say the mailbox is named "sharedbox" and user a, b and c access this, then if you assign the flexitask directly to sharedbox then the users will get the mail but cannot respond to the task as they have not been given rights (Standard SharePoint behaviour).

You should have the following:

- a shared mail mailbox

- a mail enabled AD user group, my setup is an universal security group, which have been mail enabled afterwards

then shared mailbox and users should be a member of this group, and you the use this group asd your flexitask recipient.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Exactly what do you mean buy "shared mailbox"?

Is an actual mailbox where multiple users access it like their own or a distribution list?

Yes, a shared email is created in Exchange whereby I specify who can access the inbox via Outlook.

In regards to AD Group:

Indeed, I created a group called Finance and added the members via the Members Tab.
In the flexi task, I assigned it to the domain\Finance ad group.

The workflow pends at the Finance ad group BUT nobody from the users do receive the email.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You need to mail enable the AD group in exchange console and you should also add the shared mailbox to the \finance group.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

So you are saying:

1) create a Shared email in Exchange

2) create a group in AD, add the email and add the members in the members tab.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Nope, in exchange you need to find you group (in your case Finance) and mail enable it. then the email will be generated for you, probably finance@yourdomain.com

secondly, add the shared mailbox to the group under the members tab just as you added users.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

for some reason, I do not find that particular group name in the Exchange... hmmm.
Wonder what else am I missing...

what I have done:

1) created the group in AD (Finance)

2) loged on Exchange > Group

3) searched for the Finance

4) no result ... may need 24hr for synchronisation?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You are using Exchange Online right? I am not familiar with Exchange online, but could be a sync issue, so a wait might do...

Googled this https://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/library/bb123521(v=exchg.150).aspx on mail enabled security groups in Online.

Accept as Solution Reply