Issue of Update Smartobject after approve or reject on workflow (screenshot attached)

• 20 October 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

the Issue is regarding update Smartobject after approver approves or reject the process - it dosen't update but creates new row.

Primary key of smartobject is an auto number

step 1. after reject email, we add a smartobject with SAVE function

2. instead of updating original, it creates a new blank row with Reject Status

3. we have tried sending primary key by auto map all fields, but then nothing gets updated, no new row is created.

i guess root cause is bcoz primary key of smartobject is auto number, but is there any way to update status to Approved or rejected on original smartobject table

screenshots are attached

15211i699D5C961C70F369.png

13681i3BE7411FCDDC8BD9.png

6 replies

Badge +2

Since Voucher Number is the Primary Key there, value to it should be passed in the Input Mapping together with the status. On your screenshot, you are passing it in RETURN MAPPING. Return mapping is to get the value back after the insert/update is done.

Badge +7

Hi Satish,

yes we tried that, and it dosent't update anything, i mentioned same on point 3 on post

original was Auto map all fields which also send Primary key

this was another test and trial method shown on screenshot.

Badge +7

Hi Satish,

these are the screenshots of how you suggested, we tried a lot yesterday, but didn't work out

step 1 - auto map all, status as rejected

2 - there is nothing on return mapping

3. deploy again

result - no row is updated, no change

13254i8A8547B0D0A7C2D0.png

Badge +7

Hi,

Bringing up my topic, please do advice me of a solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

As suggested you need to map the PK value (Voucher_No) in the input mappings. Where are you getting this value from when you are mapping? You need to have passed this value into the process  as  data field, or obtain it from some other means. 

Badge +7

Andrew,

Fixed, thanks a ton

Your question was the answer - Where are you getting this value from when you are mapping?

I was doing auto map which was the issue i think, i fixed it by providing value from parameter

Fixed... Thanks a ton :)