Changing Host Service Port from 5555

• 5 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have recently taken over maintenance of k2 blackpearl and have been tasked with changing the host service port from 5555 to 6666. This is due to another 3rd party app that cannot be changed utilising this port. I have read the other threads on this forum, and it seems straight forward by re-running the setup and then clicking configure.

We are on version 4.5.4 and have no InfoPath integration with k2.

Is there anything else I will need to do to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

4 replies

Badge +10

I think you should contact K2 support before you attempt this.  Especially if you have current running process instances.

The port information can be stored in multiple places including the forms enviornment.  Depending on what you're using just reconfiguring the blackpearl app may not change everything and I'd really be worried about existing process instances getting stuck.

Badge +1

Hi we have contacted K2 support and they have priced themselves out of the support contract (we literally cannot afford to do it).

The installation is relatively vanilla, where abouts in the form environment should I be looking for the port hardcoded?

We have also black pearl installed in a distributed environment. Other members of the team will be able to change the port that speak to the Black Pearl host environment.

We plan on doing this in a development environment first to check everything is running smoothly.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Badge +10

Testing it out in Dev is the way to go.   Probably goes without saying but you'll want to make sure you do a full backup of your dev environment and K2 Database(s) first so that you can revert and try different things if you aren't at first successful.

What is the forms enviornment you're using for K2.  Smartforms, InfoPath, SharePoint or ASP.net?

Regards,

Tiim

Badge +1
I believe it is SharePoint.