cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Workflow task batch approval

Is there any function provided to approve/complete workflow tasks in batch?

Labels: (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Workflow task batch approval

Hi Toby,

I don't think so. I could imagine some logic to achieve this but to give you a suggestion it would be helpful to know more about your scenario, like who is approving/rejecting whose tasks in what situation and how the workflow should act in case of approving all or only some of the tasks given.

Kind regards,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for your reply. We have a list for sales order approval. For each list item created, one approval task will be assigned to manager. The manager may have multiple approval tasks every day. It is not convenient to open each task item and complete it. We still only allow task assignee to approve/reject the task.

I have tried create the sales order task view by modifying the workflow tasks list default view. When updating the tasks by editing list, "Outcome" field cannot be edited.

Best regards,

Toby

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hmm, I see.

I always think it's best to review each task to not approve/deny a task by accident because the approver thought it would be another task but if it's a requirement I leave that to you.

I still don't think there is a good way to achieve this. You would need to manipulate workflow task list which is never a good idea. I would rather think of using other approval channels first to make it more convenient for your approvers to approve tasks before I would go for the 'dirty stuff'

Do you think you could introduce one of the following approval channels to your approvers?

• LazyApproval (approve by just reply to an email)
  • Send approval tasks through Skype for business rather than email
  • Use Nintex Mobile

Each of them still require tasks to be approved one by one but it might be a bit more sexy for your approvers.

Kind regards,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply