Adding attachment during workflow user step

• 2 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I've been tasked with developing forms for our school system.  I'm a newbie to both sharepoint and K2.   I'm starting out with an IT purchase order form and have most of the views/forms completed and I have begun to work on the workflow steps.

As one of the final stages in the workflow my supervisor wants the person who runs the service desk to attach a file that will be emailed to the vendor we are buying the items from.  This part has me stumped.  I already have the premade attachments view which was autogenerated which I am using to attach bids for the initial approval step.  I could have the service desk just use that for the attachment, but them I'm unsure how to pull that specific attachment in on the e-mail step.

On a side note I'm also having an issue on the final step which is moving the denied/approved purchase orders to seperate denied/approved lists.  The final form is comprised of 3 views:  The vendor/requester info, line items, and attachments.  When I use the "move list item" workflow item it only seems to move the venodr/requester info.  Do I need to also have the smart objects on these lists match the smart objects from the new purchase order list?

Sorry for all the questions like I said this is all new to me.

Thanks!

-Will

1 reply

Badge +3

Well I actually figured out how to do this by using the workflow attachment smart object.