Lookup a person or group column and keep in list's person or group column

• 20 March 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have a Lookup control to lookup a person or group column and I would like to connect to a person or group column to store the value. But I cannot find the person or group column from the connect to drop down menu as below.

I would like to is there any workaround since I need to use the store person or group column to send notification and set permission for the item?

2 replies

Badge +7

Dear  Dorothy Fan‌,

1- The lookup to UserName Field will get the data to the control in the following format: 
ID of the item in the Reviewer Lists +";#"+ User Display Name

2- "ID conncted to" and "Text connected to" cannot be linked to Person or Group field. Indeed they are connected to single line of text field.

3- You can use the display name in sending notification and setting items permissions in Nintex Workflow since the actions can resolve the display name and retrieve implicitly the related user

Cheers... happy.png

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

As an alternative, you can create a workflow which uses the ID of the selected item as mentioned by ‌ in option 2, to use in a 'Query list' action to extract the user/group from 'Reviewer Lists' and then use the 'Update item' action to update the user/group in the item.

Cheers,

Rick