How to assign All Authenticated Users to Start Workflow Process?

• 8 October 2010
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I've deployed a workflow process with K2 Studio and would like to have everyone in the company to have access to start the process.

I've went to "Process Rights" on K2 Portal and assigned NT AUTHORITYauthenticated usersto start the process but still getting and error message after running the workflow.

The workflow runs only if I have assigned individual accounts to start the process, but not in AD groups, SharePoint groups, and all authenticated users.

Does anyone have any idea how to authenticate all users to start a process?

4 replies

Badge +5

If this is a requirement I use the Domain Users group, this works well for me.

Badge +1

I've used Domain Users but having problems with users from multiple forest since I have multiple domains.

Badge +9

You can try giving the 'Everyone' group start rights to your process.

Badge +2

If you have multiple forests with multiple names, the forests need to have two way trusts, there are other trusts that can be used but two way is the easiest.  To use Domain Users, you need to have the NETBIOS name of the domain before the group and then add them to the process rights.  An example would be Domain1Domain Users, Domain2Domain Users, etc.  Also make sure the domains are added to K2 and the AD Service Instance if you use SmartObjects has the correct LDAP string.