Best way to request data from users

• 29 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I have a SharePoint list, where it might occur that entries miss data in required fields. I want to solve this problem with a workflow that request the data from a user. At the moment I have the following workflow for each column:

1. Query list and get all items with an empty entry in this column
  2. Call child workflow for each Item. -> the child workflow uses the operation "request data" to make the user provide the data

My problem with this workflow is, that if an item is missing data in several columns the user is contacted for each column individually and also has to provide the data individually. It would be much better to send one mail with a link where he can provide everything that is missing. 

Is there a way to accomplish that?

2 replies

Badge +12

@RabeRudi .....How these list items are being created? Is it by users or workflow? If it's user and you have required field then neither SharePoint nor Nintex form will allow users to submit.

Badge +1

The main problem is that I have person fields in every list entry. It occurs that people drop out of the database so they do not exist in SharePoint anymore. In this case even an required field can be empty somehow.