cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to open Documents created in document library using Nintex

Jump to solution

I have 1 list and 2 document libraries ( 1 attached to a WORD template and the other to an EXCEL template ). I have created a Nintex workflow to be started everytime a new item is created in the list. The goal of the workflow is to create a document and excel sheet in the respective document libraries.

I can see the documents are created correctly. When I try to open the documents I am seeing the below error -

We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook.

It's possibly corrupt or using a file format that's not supported.

Do you want to try and open this file in Excel?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Unable to open Documents created in document library using Nintex

Jump to solution

Hi Aravind,

Are you using the Create Item action and selecting a content type?

For the template, what I recommend is that instead of using a DOTX file, or XLT file, use an actual DOCX and XLSX file as the template, as the Create Item action with create a copy of that.

Then it should work.

Vadim

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Vadim,

Perfect. Solved my problem ! There was another user who had a different thread reporting a similar problem. Unfortunately can't find it now or I would repost the solution this.I will once I find it again.

Thanks,

Aravind.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Aravind

The file extension needs to be provided in the action configuration for it to know what type of file to create.

On the other side of the question and regarding any file already created (even if it states that the file is the default type...just rename the extension for what should be and that will also work).

Best regards

0 Kudos