Destination Queue members cannot view the worklist data

• 11 March 2005
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2
the worklist can be sent to all the users in the destination queue but any first user only was able to view the worklist details.....another word only one user among the other users in the destination queue was able to view the worklist details...others could open the worklist but the details like the data value in the worklist was not able to view...

pls help on this..thank you

4 replies

Badge +8
HI Bala

Do you mean the worklist or the workspace report? If you mean worklist (in other words, the task item) then check how many slots you activity has - if only one slot, then only the first user to click on the item will be able to open it.

If the data fields you are referring to are activity datafields that may explain it, because in this case a copy of the initial datafield values is created for each destination. In this case, individual destination users do not overwrite each other's datafields.

If you mean process datafields, then are you sure that the datafields were set and saved by the first user?
Badge +2
what do you mean by slots and how do I do it?
Badge +8
YOu can use multiple Slots to allow more than one destination user to open and act on a worklist item.

If you right-click on the activity, select properties and on the first property page you'll see an option 'Limit the number of slots to:' and then a textfield, or 'Create a slot for each destination'

If these destination users are updating datafields you would usually use activity datafields. A typical example is lets say you have a business rule that 2 out of the 4 destination users must approve a request. You would then have an activity datafield that stores the approval response and a succeeding rule on the activity to finish the activity if at least 2 responses are approved and none are declined, for example.

The reason you should use activity data is because if you let the destination users update process data, they will overwrite each other's data.
Badge +2
Thanks for your relpy NeilM. I got what I wanted.