Workflow Integration Event Notification not sending customized message

• 5 January 2012
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi, this one is really confusing.

I built my workflow against SharePoint with a few WorkFlow Integration Clients inside to give users a Task Action page. For each Client Event, I defined a custom Event Notification inside the wizard.

During dev this worked fine.

I did a test deploy to a fresh environment and it worked fine again.

Passed to the client, they have deployed, but the notifications users are receiving are the standard K2 format, not the customized versions I designed and had working in dev and test.

Has anyone seen this before?

5 replies

Badge +10

I haven't seen this exactly but I'm wondering if the customer is using the same version of K2 that you developed on.  Both server and client. 

Older versions of K2 didn't provide the option for customized client event notifications which might explain why its using the default.

With that said I have seen email notifications lose their HTML formatting before and when I go back into the client event wizard the changes I've made are gone.  Its happened across multiple versions but it doesn't happen all the time and I can't reproduce on demand.   So be sure to check that your custom email settings are showing in the wizard before you deploy at the customer site.

Badge +2

Hi timkn, both Dev, Test and Live are running K2 Blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.1230)

The custom email settings are showing in the wizard before deployment.

I too have seen the HTML formatting disappear inside the wizard, I've heard that its still a known problem even in 1420.

Badge +10

I too like timkn have not seen this specifically but If it is a bug your best bet is to open a case that way it can be tracked/logged.  If you do please report back the progress.

Badge +2

Looking into this further, it appears that it is not a K2 email that is being sent. It is the default SharePoint Workflow notification email. So something is screwy, preventing K2 intercepting the need to send out the email

Badge +10

At this point I would try another test to see if other client event emails send out.  Maybe create a test process using the default client event (you don't have to create a aspx page but just enter in a dummy url like http://test/test.aspx) and configure the client HTML email.  See if that works.

If it doesn't work then I'd try running K2 in console mode and execute the test process again to see if any errors pop up especially around MSMQ which is what the client event notifications use.