cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

State workflow - Email action sending multiple emails

We created a workflow with a State Machine action.  One of the branches contained an email action, but a Change State action to End State Machine was not placed afterward by mistake.  We tested the workflow, the workflow took this branch and now the user is getting thousands of repeat emails.  I've terminated the workflow already, but the emails are still coming.

Is there something else I need to do to stop the emails from being sent?  What else can I do? Something CA?

Thanks in advance.

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: State workflow - Email action sending multiple emails

We faced the same problem but we are using (form) library workflows. At first we had a one email action that started to send four same emails in a row instead of one. Then afterwards another email action started to do the same.

I fixed the problem once by recreating the emailing action. On some point it reoccurred.

Could this be something about email body content triggering a bug in action?

Edit:

I did some tests and found out that it could be email body HTML code that causes emailing action to get buggy. This solved one similar issue. I re-created the action with cleaner body HTML and it worked.

For second place problem was a bit weirder. I had few steps backwards in logic a loop that went through all users in SP User Group and (the next action) adds dynamically those users in current item as contributors. There was one Collection operation type of action that had nothing to do with emailing, no same parameters nothing. It just was inside a loop and caused next steps _out of the loop scope_ to be looped as well. Reason for this I don't know since there was no relation in any way. I disabled this Collection action and emails started be sent only once. As logic was designed. Weird stuff...

Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: State workflow - Email action sending multiple emails

Hi

I assume that this was resolved in the end?

0 Kudos